New York, 10019
New York (+1) 212-858-0500 uptownbodycontouring.com
Massachusetts (+1) 617-262-8528 backbayplasticsurgery.com
Illinois (+1) 312-535-4222 safebblchicago.com
About Daniel Del Vecchio
Dr Daniel Del Vecchio received his medical school education at Harvard and is on the attending staff at some of the best hospitals on the East Coast, including Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC and the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Dr Del Vecchio has applied for staff privileges at Marina Del Rey Hospital in Southern California and is an ASAPS Visiting Professor. Dr. Del Vecchio specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.
He is world-renown for his research, teaching and expertise in fat grafting and for its clinical applications to the face, breast and body. His area of research has focused on Fat Grafting, patient safety, and public health issues. The Tiffany Award was awarded to Dr. Del Vecchio by ASAPS this past year for his BBL research.
Skills and Specialties
Board Certified b the American Board of Plastic Surgery in November, 1995 Dr. Del Vecchio has been in practice for the past 25 years. His areas of special clinical interest are high definition liposuction, fat grafting for breast and for buttock surgery, removal of breast implants (in some cases en bloc capsulectomy) and immediate augmentation with fat (SIEF- Simultaneous Implant Exchange With Fat) and cosmetic rhinoplasty.
He is sought after from clients all over the globe to address complex problems requiring strategic creativity and fat transplantation.
Education and Training
Yale University awarded Dr. Del Vecchio a Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Harvard Medical School awarded him the MD Degree. He graduated from the 5 year General Surgery training program at Harvard/MGH and later completed residency training in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery there. A Craniofacial and Aesthetic Fellowship at UPENN completed his academic postgraduate surgical training, and he finished this off with an MBA in Corporate Finance from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business.
Awards and Recognition
Dr. Del Vecchio has contributed a large portion of his career to surgical education. Some his more recent publications include:
- Research Award for American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons Best Scientific Paper: "Fetal Bone Repair. An Experimental Animal Model"
- Fat Grafting to the Breasts - Best Breast Paper, American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada. October 2010.
- 2013 SIEF – Simultaneous Implant Exchange with Fat – Best Paper in USA; Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- 2019 – Clinical Implications of Deep Intramuscular Fat Migration and Safety in Gluteal Augmentation – Tiffany Award for Best Scientific Paper – American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
- 2019 – Expansion Vibration Lipofilling – A New Technique in Large Volume Fat Transplantation – Best Paper in USA; Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
Dr. Del Vecchio has contributed extensive research to the plastic surgery field and has written many journals and book chapters, including these recent ones:
- Del Vecchio, D.A. A Changing Paradigm: The Brazilian Butt Lift Is Neither Brazilian Nor a Lift – Why It Needs to Be Called Safe Subcutaneous Buttock Augmentation. Plast Reconstr Surg 145(1)281-283; January, 2020.
- Wall S Jr; Delvecchio D; et al. Subcutaneous Migration: A Dynamic Anatomical Study of Gluteal Fat Grafting. Plast Reconstr Surg 143(5):1343-1351; May, 2019.
- Del Vecchio, D.A. "Common Sense for the Common Good: Staying Subcutaneous During Fat Transplantation to the Gluteal Region." Plast Reconstr Surg: 142(1): 286-288. July 2018.
- Del Vecchio, D.A; Wall, S.J. "Expansion Vibration Lipofilling – A New Technique in Large Volume Fat Transplantation." Plast Reconstr Surg: 141(5): 639e-649e. May 2018.
- Del Vecchio, Daniel., MD. "Fat Transplantation in Breast Augmentation Revision". Book Chapter in Problems in Breast Surgery: A Repair Manual. Edited by Jack Fisher, MD and Neal Handel, MD, In Press 2014.
- Del Vecchio D; Villanueva N; et al. Clinical Implications of Gluteal Fat Graft Migration: A Dynamic Anatomical Study. Plast Reconstr Surg 142(5):1180-1192; November, 2018.
Dr. Del Vecchio is a member of:
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- The American Board of Plastic Surgeons
- The Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Arm Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation + Lift
- Breast composite Implants and Fat
- Breast Fat Transfer
- Breast Lift
- Breast Revision
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chin Augmentation
- Composite Butt Augmentation
- Ear Surgery
- Eyelid Lift
- Facial Fat Grafting
- HD Abdominal Etching
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Thigh Lift
- Tummy Tuck
American Board of Plastic Surgeons
Harvard Medical School
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School